I’ve gone through Autumn so far without making one single pie (or pie like recipe). Absolutely unacceptable and to be remedied immediately. Introducing the chai spice apple galette!
So I’ve made a chai spice apple cranberry crumble but not an actual chai spice apple pie. TBH pie can take a lot of effort and a long time sometiems amiright? Especially an apple pie! Between chilling the dough and waiting for the filling to set, it can take hours.
Let’s streamline. Make this chai spice apple galette with all the same delicious flavors and a puff pastry golden crust in an eighth of the time!
My favorite thing about this recipe: all the chai spices.
Cinnamon, clove, cardamom, pepper, and ginger, ALL the deliciousness!
Top with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream for extra tasty goodness. Super speedy chai spice apple galette recipe below!Print
Autumn apple galette with tons of chai spice flavor and tender apples on a golden puff pastry crust.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, homemade or store bought, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs apples (I used half granny smith and half pink lady apples), halved, cored and thinly sliced (mine are at about 1/8 inch thickness)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- Place puff pastry sheet on top of the dusted paper. Being careful not to cut completely through the pastry, slice a 1/2 inch edge all the way round.
- Add apple slices to a large bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients until apples are coated.
- Arrange apples as desired on puff pastry, leaving the 1/2 inch edge bare. Fold edging up around apples and crimp as desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until apples are tender and puff pastry is golden. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream and finishing salt to garnish.