HI I have food news: asparagus just got so much more delicious in the best way ever. Ready?? Garlic parmesan prosciutto wrapped asparagus 🙌🏻!
So I know Easter isn’t for a month but I’ve already been thinking of ways to spice it up this year. We usually have some kind of green veggie on the table and tend to alternate between my fave lemon garlic green bean recipe and an asparagus dish. Now you may be asking yourself, how on EARTH have I not made some form of prosciutto wrapped asparagus for a holiday before?
Well…until recenty I wasn’t the biggest fan of prosciutto.
I knowwwww, the horror right? It’s a new thing. And honestly, I still don’t love it unless it’s somewhat crisped up (just how like my bacon 😂). Why? I’ll tell you why.
Firstly, it takes just 20 minutes to make.
Secondly, there’s only 6 ingredients. Have I won you over yet? No?
Ok thirdly, fresh asparagus wrapped in prosciutto brushed with garlic lemon olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan, lightly broiled to golden, ever so slightly crispy perfection…I win 😎.Print
The most delicious asparagus side dish ever, made in just 20 minutes with only 6 ingredients. Keto friendly and gluten free!
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Grease a large baking sheet. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and rinse with cold water or place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap 4-5 asparagus stalks in 1 slice of prosciutto*. Place on prepared baking sheet and turn oven onto broil.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Gently brush each asparagus bundle with oil mixture. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes (really depends on your oven so keep on eye on it!) until parmesan is bubbling and prosciutto starts to crisp up.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with pepper, fresh thyme leaves and any leftover parmesan as desired. Serve immediately.
I made bundles of 4-5 asparagus because they were quite thin. If your asparagus is on the thick side, do a bundle of around 3, but make sure to slice enough prosciutto!