I’ve fallen in love with pork chops. It took a few tries but I’ve got them down. Take care to not overcook them and they are de-licious. Plus super easy to fancy up! My new favorite go to weeknight meal: skillet blue cheese pork chops with apples and pears.
Hands down best thing about this recipe? ONE POT dinner! And it’s gluten free 👌🏻. AND it’s done in 20 minutes.
Can you tell I’m in love?
Now these skillet blue cheese pork chops serve 2 people (1 chop each), but it’s super easy to double for a dinner party or family of 4. Just make sure to use a large pan so that the pork chops sear nicely. If the pan is too small, the chops will steam instead of sear.
Real quick about that pan sauce: The onion, apples and pears release their juices and combine with a little chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, a few herbs, and of course, butter.
It’s simple to make, yet so rich in flavor I could just slurp it up with a spoon.
Oh and you drizzle everything with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle it with blue cheese. Broil for 2 minutes for extra flavor, golden color, and goodness 😍.
Seriously friends, just trust me. (ONE POT!) Skillet blue cheese pork chops with apples and pears is sure to become your next fave weeknight dinner. Recipe coming right up!Print
One pot, 20 minute, juicy and tender pork chops recipe in a delicious pan sauce with fruit and crumbled blue cheese (gluten free).
- 2 bone in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and horizontally, then cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large red apple, quartered lengthwise with the core and stem removed, then thickly sliced
- 1 large green pear, quartered lengthwise with the core and stem removed, then thickly sliced
- 4 ounces freshly crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Turn oven onto broil. In a large, oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chops to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until temped at 145°F. Remove to a plate to rest and cover with foil.
- Still over medium high heat, pour half of the white wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add apples, pears, red onion, and herbs. Cook 2 minutes, until the fruit is somewhat softened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth, lemon, juice, and the rest of the wine. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add chops back to the pan. Sprinkle the entire contents of the pan with blue cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, until blue cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Remove from heat and serve immediately.