One pot, 20 minute, juicy and tender pork chops recipe in a delicious pan sauce with fruit and crumbled blue cheese (gluten free).
- 2 bone in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and horizontally, then cut into 6 wedges
- 1 large red apple, quartered lengthwise with the core and stem removed, then thickly sliced
- 1 large green pear, quartered lengthwise with the core and stem removed, then thickly sliced
- 4 ounces freshly crumbled blue cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Turn oven onto broil. In a large, oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chops to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until temped at 145°F. Remove to a plate to rest and cover with foil.
- Still over medium high heat, pour half of the white wine into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add apples, pears, red onion, and herbs. Cook 2 minutes, until the fruit is somewhat softened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the broth, lemon, juice, and the rest of the wine. Cook another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add chops back to the pan. Sprinkle the entire contents of the pan with blue cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, until blue cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Remove from heat and serve immediately.