HI guys, I've got something today that'll make every weekday breakfast the easiest thing ever from now on!! For a while I’ve been brainstorming about how to to make something “grab and go” for breakfast that only requires a little microwave time. Also, I can’t eat much in the morning so something just enough to break-the-fast and keep me good to go till lunch.
Guess what?? Success! Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches for the win!!
Is there a McDonald's on the way to your workplace? There is on the way to mine and let me tell you, my inner child screams to be fed pretty much every morning when I drive by it. These freezer breakfast sandwiches are a delicious, homemade, and way healthier alternative. Plus, they taste even better! Also, 10 minutes of hands on time and you get 6 SANDWICHES instead of 1.
They're ridiculously easy to make too! Prep everything but the eggs out on a sheet pan, and by prep I mean literally put some cheese and ham slices on an english muffin. Broil them for a few minutes and let cool while you scramble up some eggs. Top the cheesy ham muffin ends with scrambled eggs and spread the other side with avocado. Sandwich together and voila! Just 10 minutes and you've got breakfast for the week.
How do they last all week you might ask? Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches! Cook them up on Sunday, freeze in a resealable bag and then throw them in the microwave whenever you're ready. AMAZE right??
Also, I've tripled checked and the avocado freezes just fine. Since it's a ripe avocado and is just simply spread on the muffin, there aren't any texture issues. Which is now going to be a thing all the time in my freezer by the by because an overripe avocado that you can't eat is horribly depressing right? Now we have a great way to save them!
You guys. I found my new fave weekday breakfast. So easy, so quick, and make ahead?? Done and done. Grab some while you can!Print
- 6 English muffins, halved
- 12 slices black forest ham
- 6 slices colby jack cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Turn oven on broil. Lightly grease a sheet pan or prepare with parchment paper.
- Place muffins halves on the prepared sheet pan. Layer each English muffin bottom with a piece of colby jack cheese and 2 slices of ham.
- Broil 2-4 minutes (really depends on your oven, keep an eye on them!) until cheese is melted and tops of muffins start to toast. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While muffin halves are baking and cooling, beat eggs and milk in a medium size bowl. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in eggs and scramble them by whisking until just set, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and divide scrambled eggs evenly on top of ham and cheese layered muffin bottoms.
- Spread avocado evenly across muffin tops. Place avocado spread muffin tops on top of layered muffin bottoms.
- Place sandwiches in a resealable freezer bag. To reheat, wrap a sandwich in a paper towel and microwave 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.