Hihi happy Monday all! At this point, it should probably come as no surprise that I'm a huge snacker. Toast, fruit, and cereal are my go to's between meals. The real issue though is when that sweet tooth kicks in.
Lately, I've frequently found myself digging into those those oh so tasty boxes of girl scout cookies ????. NOT the healthiest option, but somehow so irresistable. Solution: Simple double chocolate granola.
I have no will against girl scout cookies. Honestly, I shouldn't even have them in the house. Thin mints? Check. Samoas? Check. Tag Alongs for the hubby? Check. It also doesn't help that Ms. Dani of chocolate pumpkin cake fame is my go to girl scout cookie seller.
Anyway, MUST be vigilant! Save the girl scout cookies for dessert time and instead hit up some double chocolate granola for snacking. Best part? While it’s baking in the oven, the chocolate and coconut oil makes this granola smell like absolute heaven! Just like you’ve got a batch of brownies going ????.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some Jessica Jones Season 2 to binge watch ????. Cure those sweet tooth cravings with a healthier alternative! Double chocolate granola is sure to keep me from those girl scout cookies.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add honey, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Stir together until completely mixed.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan after 20 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, stir in whole almonds and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking. Stir in chocolate chunks. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight jar and enjoy with yogurt, milk, or just as a snack!