OK so. You know that cozy, warming instant pot beef stew I shared last week? It’s delectable all on its own, but I have to tell you…the main reason I made that stew was because I needed an excuse to eat even more three cheese garlic herb bread. TOTALLY legit right?? Who doesn’t want a reason to eat more cheesy goodness?
Quick side note. I’ve been a busy bee this weekend whipping up some yummy Christmas treats so stay tuned for those. However, we just had a shock when we went out n about looking for a Christmas tree. I happen to have a nasty cold (THE worst) so we had to forgo driving out to Snohomish to the cut-down-your-own tree farm this year. We went to three lots, including the massive fred meyer one, and all three were empty. EMPTY!
As I’m writing this, it’s December 10th. The 10th!! Not everyone can go get a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. Fred Meyer informed us they’re not even getting anymore. “All done”. What?! They had literally 5, very sad, short, Charlie Brown trees left.
Luckily, we knew about a smaller, family owned lot up the road and if we don’t go to the cut-your-own-tree-down lot, we’ll be going there every year. But honestly, what?!? If you don’t get your tree on the very first weekend of December, you’re just out of luck?
OK rant over. Let’s talk about this three cheese garlic herb bread. It’s not particularly Christmas-y but its just so tasty you’ll love it with every winter soup this year!
First off, so much better than store bought. Avoid the freezer aisle and the check out line. Plus, it’s delicious to boot ????. Asked my husband what he thought because my cold is making it hard to write, and he said “it was yummy yummy scrumbos”.
So helpful ???? (True though ????).
Second, this three cheese garlic herb bread is literally the easiest thing ever to make, I kid you not. Buy your favorite loaf of French bread, slice it in half, spread with melted butter, garlic, herbs and top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, broil for 5 minutes, sprinkle with fresh parsley as desired and DONE! Serve immediately and eat it all within the hour (or maybe that’s just me).
OK guys. Grab a bowl of your favorite soup, dunk a piece of three cheese garlic herb bread, and enjoy!Print
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half legthwise
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix butter, garlic, dried herbs and half the parsley in a small bowl.
- Brush the bread with butter mixture. Top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven on broil and bake another 5 to 7 minutes, until bread is golden and cheesy is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and top with remaining parsley.