Another amazing weekend in Anacortes! Spent Friday at a bonfire on the beach, had an amazing lobster dinner Saturday, and lounged about all day in between. ???? Absolute heaven. You know what else is heavenly? Some Pecan Spice Mini Muffins. And they're from Anacortes too!
This Pecan Spice Mini Muffins recipe comes a wonderful family friend, Jere, up in Anacortes (Told you that place was amazing). Jere was kind enough to bring these delectable morsels by one day when I was visiting. I took one bite and it was all over. I immediately asked for the recipe and she was kind enough to oblige!
I know some of you might be thinking "but pecans are an autumn thing!". No longer my friends. I'm going to be snacking on these all year long. While not going overboard on calories, they're the perfect size for just a little bite of dessert. I'm vaguely trying to amp up the "beach body" thing these days for my upcoming wedding (3 months!!!) and these are the best thing to satisfy my sweet tooth without the guilt trip afterwards.
Best part? They're ridiculously easy to make. Not too many ingredients, and only 9 minutes to bake! So treat yourself this week with some of Jere's delicious Pecan Spice Mini Muffins. They're like a little bite of pecan pie all year round! And how could you say no to that? ????Print
- 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans + 1/4 cup to garnish muffins
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a mini muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, butter and sugar. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir in flour, all spice, and pecans.
- Divide the batter evenly between each muffin cup. Place a couple of chopped pecans on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes on a center rack, until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack.