Ok friends. I’m pretty much all in on the easy, comfort food thing right now. It’s been a struggle the past few days with a little sinus relapse (bet you’re SO tired of hearing about this, but thanks for listening ????) and I honestly can’t handle much else. After yet another visit to the doctor, and now another set of antibiotics and steroids, I’m pretty bummed out. Like I said, easy, comfort food, with as little mess as possible. So not only is this upcoming dish delicious and full of my favorite cheesy goodness, it’s literally done in one pan and takes 30 minutes start to finish. One Pan Turkey Swiss Cheese Melt Sliders to the rescue!
Along with her amazing Tuna Melt (also one pan…coincidence?), this is another wonderfully tasty recipe my mom used to make for my sister and I. She used to make us these melts on rye bread, but a Rye bread slider is hard to come by (have you seen them?? do they exist?) so I’ve tweaked it a little to use your standard slider roll.
As for the “filling,” just a few cracked pepper sided turkey slices (two each per slider), and as much swiss cheese as these One Pan Turkey Swiss Cheese Melt Sliders can handle. Add a crunchy coleslaw mix, some dijon mustard, and an herbed chèvre cheese spread and we’re in business! Some of you might wrinkle your nose at the though of dijon mustard, but I find it’s slightly “spicy” flavor really adds some oomph to the otherwise creamy flavors in this recipe.
Also, for real no mess. Straight from the fridge to the baking dish. It’s a miracle recipe, for those of us (myself) trying to get some decent food down with easy prep and minimal mess so we can crash on the couch (again me) ASAP.
Ok. I know this post has been brief, but I literally just can’t even right now. Time to crash. Maybe I’ll snag one of these One Pan Turkey Swiss Cheese Melt Sliders I saved in the fridge before I snooze it…Print
- 12 slider buns, split
- 24 thin turkey slices
- 8 thin Swiss cheese slices, ripped into 3–4 pieces each
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 ounces herbed chèvre cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place bottoms of slider buns in a 9X13 baking dish. Spread desired amount of dijon mustard on each bun.
- Place 2 slices of turkey, and desired amount of Swiss cheese pieces on each each bun. Top with desired amount of coleslaw mix (I used about a 1/4 cup per slider).
- Spread chèvre cheese on each cut side of the tops of the buns. Place on top of sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add parsley, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine, and set aside.
- Remove foil from the pan. Brush each bun with butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, for another ten minutes, until tops are golden. Serve immediately.