Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus. One of the easiest appetizers slash dips slash snack you will ever make. It’s also way better than regular hummus because of those bell peppers. In case you were wondering, roasting bell peppers is a sinch!
OK here we go: Put whole bell peppers in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, flipping over once. Remove skin, seeds, stem, throw in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Garnish and DONE!
Told you it’s a sinch ????.
Creamy, smooth and healthy, this Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus is a more flavorful twist on the classic appetizer. The roasted bell peppers add just a little something extra, and they’re so easy you just have to try it! Serve with some lightly toasted pita chips for a filling, delicious snack ????????????????.Print
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Fresh parsley, minced to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Place bell peppers on a foil or parchment paper lined sheet tray. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the skin is wrinkled and charred, flipping the peppers over half way through.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool to the touch, remove the stem and the charred outer skin. Cut each pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- In a food processor, pulse the roasted peppers, onion, garbanzo beans, garlic, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil until completely smooth. Add more salt or pepper to taste if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with some lightly toasted pita bread!