Oh hey friends. So is anyone else struggling with the time change? Does it not feel like this week has been dragging away and it’s just now Thursday?
Well, if it has, this is my light at the end of the tunnel: Cheesy Broccoli Green Onion Quiche aka my favorite quiche of all time. My mom used to make this recipe when I was a little kid and throughout the years it’s stuck with me. Made with broccoli, green onion, and some swiss and cheddar cheese, it’s just so easy, simple and good.
Seriously though. Layer cheese on the bottom of the crust, pour the broccoli and green onion on top, cover with beaten eggs and milk and add more cheese slash sprinkle with some shredded cheese. Because, cheese. Aaaand maybe a little more shredded cheese…
So I know this Cheesy Broccoli Green Onion Quiche is nutritious and all because there’s veggies, but basically I find any quiche to be an excellent vehicle for cheese (in case you hadn’t noticed). Which is what makes this recipe the perfect comfort food after a particularly long day.
Having said that, this quiche is also a wonderful brunch recipe! You can even switch the broccoli out for asparagus to make it a little more breakfast friendly.
Really you guys. I don’t even know what I’m writing anymore. The time change has left my brain in a severe deficit. So if it’s been one of those days, or one of those weeks even, like apparently it has been for me, this Cheesy Broccoli Green Onion Quiche is the perfect go-to recipe for you. Now excuse me while I chow down on some serious comfort food.Print
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 lb frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz each sliced swiss cheese and cheddar cheese (about 6 pieces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each of fresh ground black pepper, paprika, and chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Roll pie crust out to about 12 inches. Gently place in a 9-inch pie pan
- Arrange 3 pieces of sliced swiss cheese and 3 slices of cheddar cheese on the bottom of the crust. Place the defrosted broccoli florets and green onion on top of the cheese layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten egg and milk and then pour over the broccoli filling.
- Arrange the remaining slices of cheese and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the filling. Sprinkle pepper, paprika, and chili powder over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until egg is set. Cool for 2 minutes, serve warm.