- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 1/2 lb frozen broccoli florets, defrosted
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz each sliced swiss cheese and cheddar cheese (about 6 pieces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each of fresh ground black pepper, paprika, and chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Roll pie crust out to about 12 inches. Gently place in a 9-inch pie pan
- Arrange 3 pieces of sliced swiss cheese and 3 slices of cheddar cheese on the bottom of the crust. Place the defrosted broccoli florets and green onion on top of the cheese layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten egg and milk and then pour over the broccoli filling.
- Arrange the remaining slices of cheese and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the filling. Sprinkle pepper, paprika, and chili powder over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until egg is set. Cool for 2 minutes, serve warm.