That's right. It's Halloween. In 20 days......aka RIGHT NOW!!!! I love Halloween. The decorations are the best ones all year. In my opinion, they even beat christmas. And it's an excuse to watch Hocus Pocus every day for a month. Oh and Practical Magic. And all the scary movies. But really, back to Hocus Pocus. I'm SUPER excited because I'm going to dress up as Sarah Sanderson this year. Dreams do come true. Before you ask, yes. I'm in my twenties. Ok...late twenties. And you are NEVER too old to dress up on Halloween!
This holiday is a chance for everyone of all ages to act like the kids we really are, no matter what adult face we have on every day. So other than costumes, what does entail? CANDY!!!! (Sugar rush arrives full force.)
Since I'm not actually 5 years old anymore (secretly am though), I made some of my own candy this year....
Halloween Chocolate Candy Bark!!!! What do you think? Festive? I think so. Not only that, but it's the easiest. Thing. Ever. I literally bought melting chocolate and melted it in the microwave, then topped with my choice of Halloween appropriate candies. Tip: make sure to work quickly so that the chocolate doesn't cool. I was done in 20 minutes and that includes the refrigeration time. It really does not get easier. It also looks awesome. And tastes delicious. Slabs of chocolate? Who could resist??
This recipe is honestly completely up to you. I listed the candies I used, but you can choose whatever you want! I know candy corn can be a massive hit or a complete miss so you decide! I liked the colors in the fall m&m's assortment and I found some adorable pumpkin sprinkles. But if you want huge pieces of chocolate kit kat bars, more m&m colors, skittles, what have you, go for it! If you're having an All Hallows Eve Party this year, this Halloween Chocolate Candy Bark is the perfect addition to your goodies table.
Trick or treat my friends!
- 12 oz melting chocolate
- 6 oz melting orange colored white chocolate
- 6 oz melting black colored white chocolate
- ½ cup pumpkin candy sprinkles
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup fall colored m&ms
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Following melting instructions on the package, melt 12 oz of chocolate in microwave or double boiler (I used the microwave and heated the chocolate in 1 minute intervals, for 3 minutes total, stirring between each interval).
- Remove the chocolate from the microwave and repeat the process with the black and orange melting chocolates (I did these in the microwave at the same time, resulting in the same 3 minute total).
- While the colors melt, pour the 12 oz chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and spread using a baking spatula.
- Working quickly so the chocolate doesn't cool, use half of the orange chocolate and pour in a spiral like fashion atop the chocolate. Using the spatula, swirl the orange into the chocolate. .
- "Spatter" or drip the the orange and black colors on top of the swirled chocolate, saving a little bit to top off the bark. Add about ½ of your candy toppings
- "Spatter" or drip the rest of the colored chocolate on top of the candied bark. Add the rest of the candy.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened. Remove and break the slab apart into smaller pieces.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container until you're halloween party!