Happy Wednesday friends!! I’m actually SUPER excited today because I made the easiest, most delicious thing ever to share with you today. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day coming up this Friday, I made……Irish Coffee with Homemade Baileys Whipped Cream!!!
Easiest. Thing. Ever: using beaters or a kitchen stand mixer, whisk together heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and Baileys until it forms soft peaks. Make coffee and pour into your favorite mug. Add sugars, Jameson Irish Whiskey and mix. Top with whipped cream. Presto! Delicious, boozy, festive Irish Coffee with Homemade Baileys Whipped Cream.
My favorite part is the whipped cream. Because obviously. So don’t even THINK about skipping it! Whenever we’re at Starbucks, I always get a Chai Tea Latte which, sadly, doesn’t come with whipped cream. Dan orders all the fancy coffee drinks and whenever they ask him “whipped cream with that?” I’ll usually answer with an emphatic “YES please” for him and proceed to steal all of it 👀. So for this Irish Coffee, let’s add my favorite liquor AKA Baileys (because chocolate) to the whipped cream and we’re in business!
PS If you’re really sensitive to caffeine like myself or don’t want such a boozy beverage in the morning, make it with decaf coffee as an after dinner beverage or even a night cap! Maybe after some Shepherd’s Pie or Guinness Beef Stew 😉. Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone and enjoy!Print
For the Coffee
- 8 ounces medium roast coffee, brewed to your liking
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 ounces Jameson Irish Whiskey
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and Baileys until it forms soft peaks.
- Combine coffee, sugars, and Jameson in your favorite mug (a glass mug is traditional). Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with decorating sugar as desired.
*To get the “french vanilla” look in your whipped cream, substitute vanilla paste for the vanilla extract, as this has the actual vanilla bean seeds. You can substitute it in equal amounts for vanilla extract.