Friends. Lemme tell you...about one pot pasta puttanesca. It is the🙌🏻ultimate🙌🏻pasta🙌🏻win. Plus, it's made in one pot. In 30 minutes. It's all garlic tomato deliciousness and of course, anchovies.
The One Pot Pasta Puttanesca Secret
The anchovies. Sorry to say, it's the anchovies. They melt down in the olive oil and infuse everything with delicious flavor Ican'teven. Now if you're a vegetarian, you can add more capers and olives to compensate. It won't be quite the same but it'll still be delicious. You can also try a fusion and add a dash of soy sauce.
Now did I mention, it's made in one pot in just 30 minutes? That's it. Oh AND you can make it with stuff that's in your pantry? Doneeee.
Side note, you don't have to use spaghetti noodles. You can use almost any kind of pasta you want, just pay attention to al dente cooking times and adjust accordingly. Also, only have regular olives? That's fine, just add some more olive oil 👍🏻. Grab the recipe below!
This delicious, ridiculously flavorful pasta recipe is made entirely in one skillet, on the stove, and takes just 30 minutes start to finish with ingredients straight from your pantry!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, or more!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces San Marzano tomatoes (broken up with fingers or diced)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more as desired
- 2 - 3 cups chicken broth
- Shredded parmesan cheese and roughly chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the anchovies and cook until softened and "melting" away, about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the olives, capers, and red pepper flakes. Pour in 2 cups of the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover with the sauce, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until pasta is al dente, about 9-10 minutes. Check and stir the pasta every couple minutes. If the liquid is running low, and a ¼ cup more of chicken broth at a time.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with parmesan and parsley to garnish.