Heyhi happy Thursday! I missed a few days there but I had to "call out sick" from my kitchen as I wound up with a sinus infection I thought was allergies and general new mom exhaustion for the past month...Oops 🤷🏼♀️. But! I'm almost finished up with the antibiotics and am finally feeling better. However, just when I was ready to head back into the kitchen, a heat wave struck Seattle and I don't know about you but I do not cook when it's hot. Ergo, here's a 5 minute balsamic cherry mint burrata appetizer recipe that I eat as a dinner with a baguette 😎.
How to Make Balsamic Cherry Mint Burrata
You ready for this? Pit some cherries, and then halve or quarter them. Chop a handful of roasted pistachios and a small handful of mint. Drain the burrata and tear it up ever so artfully on a plate. Top with the cherries, pistachios, and mint. Drizzle with a delectable balsamic glaze (see below) and touch of olive oil. Garnish with a sprinkle of ground black pepper and finishing salt.
The whole thing takes 5 minutes. Serve with a baguette, some crostini, a hunk of bread, the world is your oyster.
About that Balsamic Drizzle
It's too hot to make my own balsamic reduction. While it's the surface of the sun outside, I'm just not going to stand over the stove stirring vinegar and dealing with the scent in my house all day. Solution: I always have a bottle of DeLallo's Balsamic Glaze in my cabinet! Full disclosure, this is NOT a sponsored post, I just love the product that much. It's super handy when trying to dress up salad, flat bread, pizza, appetizers, you name it.
Not interested in cooking? 5 minutes all you can spare? I got you, scroll down for the recipe!
A 5 minute burrata cheese recipe topped with red summer cherries, pistachios, fresh mint, a drizzle of balsamic glaze and a little olive oil. Serve with a sliced baguette or some crostini for a simple to make yet oh so fancy looking appetizer!
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, drained
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved/quartered
- ⅓ cup roasted (salted or unsalted, up to you) pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh ground black pepper, finishing salt for garnish
- Tear burrata into large chunks. Top with chopped cherries and pistachios.
- Drizzle with about 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and about ½ a tablespoon of balsamic glaze over the burrata, cherries, and pistachios. Add more glaze as desired.
- Sprinkle with fresh mint. Top with fresh ground black pepper and finishing. Serve immediately with a sliced baguette, crostini, your favorite crackers, or even just hunks of bread!