Look! I actually made a recipe! And it's perfect for this incessant heat and dry weather we're having lately. Have I mentioned before how I'm not a summer fan? I have? well, maybe just once or twice...😝. One of the good things about summer is ALL the chilly desserts so I made one of my favorites: no churn mint chocolate chip ice cream!
As you might be aware of by now, I absolutely love no churn ice cream. You don't need an ice cream maker, just 15-ish minutes of prep, throw it in the freezer, and voila! That's all there is to it.
So I was really quite shocked when I realized I had never one shared one of my hands down favorites: no churn mint chocolate chip ice cream! SO refreshing with semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks 😍.
The secret? Fresh mint! Instead of just pouring in heavy whipping cream, scald it on the stove first and then add ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves. Let it infuse for 10 minutes, strain, and chill completely.
It's. So. Good.
I used a little peppermint extract to supplement and of course a couple drops of green food dye (just 3 to be exact) to get that classic pastel mint color.
Check out the recipe below!Print
Make deliciously creamy, easy and simple mint ice cream chock full of chocolate that's ready to eat in just a few hours. No churning necessary!
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup assorted chocolate chips (I used semi sweet mini chocolate chips, 60% cacao chocolate chips, and chopped up a 60% cacao chocolate bar for chunks and shavings)
- Optional: Green food dye (I only used 3 drops)
- In a small sauce pot, scald the cream (do not boil!). Remove from heat and stir in fresh mint leaves. Let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the cream into a small bowl or measuring cup. Chill completely before using.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, infused heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and green food dye if using on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in assorted chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan or other freezer safe container, and top with any more chocolate chips as desired. Cover bread pan with Saran Wrap and freeze at least 4 hours for soft-serve style or for 6 hours, up to overnight.