Make deliciously creamy, easy and simple mint ice cream chock full of chocolate that's ready to eat in just a few hours. No churning necessary!
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup assorted chocolate chips (I used semi sweet mini chocolate chips, 60% cacao chocolate chips, and chopped up a 60% cacao chocolate bar for chunks and shavings)
- Optional: Green food dye (I only used 3 drops)
- In a small sauce pot, scald the cream (do not boil!). Remove from heat and stir in fresh mint leaves. Let sit for 10 minutes. Strain the cream into a small bowl or measuring cup. Chill completely before using.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, infused heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and green food dye if using on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in assorted chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan or other freezer safe container, and top with any more chocolate chips as desired. Cover bread pan with Saran Wrap and freeze at least 4 hours for soft-serve style or for 6 hours, up to overnight.