It's Mother's Day weekend, and you know what that means...Sunday brunch day! And no brunch is complete without a pitcher of mimosas amiright? Try this new twist on the classic beverage, a sunrise strawberry mimosa cocktail!
Why a Sunrise Strawberry Mimosa?
The little splash of grenadine reminds me of a Tequila Sunrise 🤣. Plus, doesn't the reddish, pinkish, orange color look like the morning dawn? AKA why this drink is PERFECT for brunch. Start your day off right!
Side note, to get more of an actual sunrise effect, don't puree the strawberries and orange juice together. Add the grenadine to a glass, followed by the strawberry puree, and next pour the orange juice. Then top with Prosecco and a couple dashes of bitters.
Celebrate mother's day in style with a fun, festive, sunrise strawberry mimosa, recipe below!Print
Five minute festive sparkling beverage with fresh strawberry orange juice puree. Perfect for Sunday brunch!
- 750 mL Prosecco, chilled
- 8 ounces strawberries, stem removed (about 2 cups)
- 2 ½ cups orange juice
- Orange Bitters
- Orange slices, strawberries for garnish
- In a blender, pulse strawberries and orange juice together until smooth. Strain through a mesh sieve.
- Add about ½ teaspoon grenadine to the bottom of 4 champagne flutes.
- Fill halfway with strawberry orange mixture.
- Fill the rest of each glass with Prosecco. Top with a couple dashes of bitters.
- Garnish with strawberry and orange slice as desired. Enjoy!