Looking for a new way to tequila that isn't a margarita? I got you covered: the classic fresh grapefruit Paloma.
A traditional Paloma is tequila, grapefruit soda, and lime juice. If you wanna dress it up (always - you know how I love a snazzy cocktail), use fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice, club soda/grape fruit sparkling water, and simple syrup to sweeten. That's it!
Plus a little chili salt rim with a lemon slice to really make it fancy 😎.
Ready to cheers? Grab a glass and the classic fresh grapefruit Paloma recipe below!Print
Tried and true Mexican cocktail favorite, the Paloma with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and a chili salt rim.
- ¼ cup tequila repasado
- ½ cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- Club soda/grapefruit infused sparkling water
- Simple syrup as desired
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder + 1 tablespoon coarse salt mixed together for glass rims
- Lime slices for garnish
- Run a lime slice along the rim of your paloma glasses. Dip the rims of the glasses onto a small plate with coarse salt and chili powder until coated. Set aside.
- Shake tequila, grapefruit juice, and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker over ice until the sides of the shaker frost over.
- Fill salt rimmed glasses halfway with ice. Strain the paloma mix from the cocktail shaker over the ice. Top each with a splash club soda/grapefruit sparkling water. Add simple syrup to taste and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime slice. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes