HEY look what I made!!! My husband is a huge fan of Thai food (also Japanese food, Chinese food, Korean food...I sense a possible theme emerging), but I barely ever make it. Why you might ask? Well, it mostly boils down to the sauces, no pun intended. I'm not too familiar with the ingredients used in Thai cuisine but it's never too late to learn right? And what better way to incorporate fun new flavors than on a pizza (thank you California Pizza Kitchen for the inspiration 😊)?? Without further ado, say hello to the Thai chicken pizza!
The secret to this slice of heaven? It's all in the sauce! Considering I've only dabbled in Thai cuisine, I have to say I'm quite proud of how well this recipe turned out. Now about that sauce: basically take my pad Thai sauce and the dipping sauce for my chicken satay skewers and combine them into one.
It's SO good I'm honestly shocked. Who knew this would be so tasty on a pizza??
...Well apparently CPK but moving on 😆.
After you make the sauce, spread some of it on your pizza dough and then toss rest with some cooked, shredded chicken. Then throw the rest of the ingredients together on the sauced dough and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
That's it! Ready to jazz up pizza night? Thai chicken pizza recipe below 👊🏻.Print
No need to order take out! Jazz up pizza night with this Asian fusion style pizza topped with a homemade peanut sauce, veggies, mozzarella cheese, and Thai cuisine inspired shredded chicken.
For the Peanut Sauce
- 6 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili garlic sauce
For the Pizza
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzle
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (about 1 cooked chicken breast)
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup shelled peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Lime slices, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Roll pizza dough into a 12" circle. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- While pizza is chilling, make the peanut sauce: combine all ingredients for the sauce in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Toss shredded chicken in half of the peanut sauce. Set aside.
- Remove pizza dough from the fridge. Gently brush with a drizzle of olive oil then spread with the remaining peanut sauce, leaving the edges sauce free.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella all over the pizza, again leaving the edges clean to create a crust.
- Top with shredded chicken, red onion, and shredded carrots. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pizza on a round pizza pan, or baking sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and top with bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, cilantro, and fresh ground black pepper as desired. Serve immediately with lime slices.