Did you know that a classic cosmopolitan cocktail only takes four ingredients? I shall repeat...four ingredients?! I was completely unaware that this traditional girls night beverage was so easy and simple to make!
I can say this: the best cosmo ever will have freshly squeezed lime juice. Otherwise it just isn't the same! Oh and also, a splash of orange liqueur is 100% necessary. I like cointreau best, but then again I use that in all my margarita recipes (as opposed to Triple Sec).
So really when you think about it, a classic cosmopolitan cocktail is like a cranberry margarita but swap the tequila for vodka. Who knew? Scroll down for the recipe 🥂.Print
The perfect mix of sweet and sour, this 4 ingredient beverage is at its best in a martini glass with a little slice of lime!
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cranberry juice*
- ½ ounce Cointreau, Triple Sec, or Grand Mariner (I like Cointreau best)
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Add a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. Pour all ingredients (except garnish) into the shaker.
- Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker frosts over.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a lime slice. Enjoy cold!
I strongly prefer my cocktails tart I use straight cranberry juice but if you're looking for a sweeter cosmo, use cranberry juice cocktail instead.