Are you ready for a quick, 20 minute wonton soup?!? This recipe immediately became one of my faves for an easy, weeknight meal.
This one pot soup is perfect for those week nights when you're looking to spice up your usual menu. It only takes 20 minutes and is super easy to make.
Simmer a flavorful broth with leeks and carrots for a little extra nutrition, and then plop in your favorite wontons and some egg noodles for extra substance. Oh and don't forget the baby bok choy! Slice them in half length wise and then just throw them in the pot at the same time. Easy peezy!
I use frozen wontons to really cut down on time, especially after work. Having said that, if you have some homemade ones, by all means use those instead. I'm sure this 20 minute wonton soup will taste even better!
Ready to give this one week night miracle soup a go? Grab the recipe below 😊.Print
This Chinese cuisine inspired wonton soup is so easy and quick, you'll never need order the take out version again! Dress it up with your favorite ramen noodles and leafy greens for extra yums.
- 12 wontons (I used Wei-Chuan Pork and Shrimp Wontons) - no need to thaw if frozen
- 3 ounces thin wonton noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup leeks (about 1 leek), cleaned, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced or 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 baby bok choy, sliced in half vertically
- Coarse salt to taste
- Optional garnishes: sliced green onion, chili oil
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and sesame oil over medium high heat. Add leeks and carrots and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until somewhat softened.
- Add ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Pour rice wine and chicken broth into the pot, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste.
- Add wontons, noodles, and bok choy to the pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until noodles and wontons float to the surface. Remove from heat.
- Divide evenly between 2 to 3 bowls. Garnish as desired with sliced green onion and chili oil. Serve immediately.