2020 is (finally) winding down! But rather than head out n' about during a pandemic to count down to 2021 on New Year's Eve, we'll be staying home, playing it safe, and remaining in quarantine. However, that doesn't mean we can't celebrate right?! Let's start off with an appetizer: easy mediterranean baked feta.
This delectable snack is as easy as preheating your oven, throwing all the ingredients together in a baking dish, and throwing it in to be cooked. That's all there is to it!
Oh and those ingredients? Just 5! An 8 ounce feta cheese block, cherry tomatoes, kalamata and castelvetrano olives, and a drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve with a sliced, toasted baguette for extra yums.
Also, did I mention it's vegetarian AND gluten free? Deliciously win win!
Easy mediterranean baked feta recipe coming right up in 3...2...Print
A deliciously simple baked feta appetizer with cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, done in just 20 minutes! Serve with some toasted baguette slices for extra yums. Vegetarian and gluten free!
- 8 ounce feta cheese block
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted castelvetrano olives, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease or butter a small baking dish (I used an au gratin pan).
- Place feta cheese black in the prepared dish. Surround with cherry tomatoes and olives. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is browned on top. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with any leftover fresh herbs and serve immediately.
As this dish cools, the feta will harden again. Just throw it back in the oven to warm it right back up!