Halloween isn't complete without a themed cocktail! Since All Hallow's Eve 2020 is going to be done quarantine style, a classic cocktail with a twist you can sip at home should do the trick. Say hello to the pumpkin bourbon old fashioned!
In the interest of being transparent (pun intended), and if you can't already tell from the photos, this drink is not the cutest. Basically because pumpkin puree looks gross. But I wasn't about to make this drink without actual pumpkin!
My point: I took the photos in clear, transparent (pun complete) glasses so that you could see what it actually looks like, but for your own decorative purposes a copper Moscow mule mug might be your best bet.
Despite the way it looks, this pumpkin bourbon old fashioned really is delectable. I was inspired when I was wondering around Total Wine and found pumpkin liqueur in their seasonal section! Interested? Grab the recipe below.Print
Celebrate Halloween in style with a pumpkin spice twist on the classic old fashioned cocktail.
- 2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- 3 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice liqueur
- 1 orange peel slice
- 1 "drunken" or maraschino cherry
- Splash of club soda
- Ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker, shake pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice liqueur over ice until combined.
- In your favorite whiskey glass or mule glass, pour in pumpkin puree mixture and bitters. Stir gently to combine.
- Add ice cubes to the glass. Pour bourbon over the ice. Stir as desired. Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with an orange slice and drunken cherry.