Well, the smoke is back. Looks like just for today (Wednesday 9/30) but in any case, I will be inside pretending it's rainy and cold making instant pot turkey spinach lasagna. You with me?
With summer officially over, I had a serious surplus of my final zucchini harvest + SO MUCH baby spinach and no idea what to do with either. How about a one pot miracle with noodles, ground turkey, a delectable marina sauce, and all the cheesy goodness?
Seriously though. This instant pot turkey vegetable lasagna is all done in (yup you guessed it), the instant pot. Sauteing, layering, and baking done in one pot in less than half the time. No more waiting for hours while it all cooks through!
Oh and the actual cook time once the lid is sealed is 6 minutes.
I'm going to repeat that oen more time.
6. Minutes. Scroll down for the recipe 😋.Print
Cheesy, saucy, vegetable stuffed turkey lasagna all done in the instant pot in less than 45 minutes!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 12 sheets uncooked lasagna noodles
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine or red wine vinegar
- 24 ounces store-bought or homemade marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- ½ cups parmesan, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- Fresh basil and parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
Cook the Turkey Vegetable Filling
- Turn instant pot on sauté, add olive oil, and adjust to normal. Once heated, add turkey, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until the turkey is browned, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion and zucchini and cook until onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spinach and sauté 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook 2 minutes, until somewhat browned.
- Pour in red wine or red wine vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Press cancel on the instant pot to turn off the sauté. Remove the turkey veggie mixture to a bowl. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Layer and Cook the Lasagna
- Add about a third of the turkey mixture back into the instant pot. Pour in the water and about a quarter of the marinara sauce (if you want to be precise it's about 6 ounces of the sauce but I just eyeballed it). Stir to combine. Sprinkle with a third of the ricotta cheese (about 5 ounces). Break 4 sheets of lasagna noodles to fit inside the pot and layer on top.
- Spread another quarter of the marinara sauce on top of the noodles. Add another third of the turkey mixture in an even layer. Sprinkle with another third of the ricotta cheese. Break another 4 sheets of lasagna noodles and layer on top.
- Spread another quarter of the marinara sauce on top of the noodles. Add remaining third of the turkey mixture in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining third of the ricotta cheese. Break the last 4 sheets of lasagna noodles and layer on top.
- Spread the remaining marinara sauce on top of the noodles.
- Secure lid and turn vent to sealing. Using the manual setting, turn the instant pot on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, let the instant pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes and then do a quick release*. Change the setting to warming.
- Remove the lid. Sprinkle the top if the lasagna with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Replace the lid (no need to seal) and let the cheese melt for a few minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish with basil and fresh parsley as desired.*