Are you ready for one of the quickest, simplest vegetable side dishes ever? Introducing the 15 minute easy skillet garlic green beans.
There's been a lot of...orange recipes lately. Pumpkin, sweet potato, butter nut squash. Not only orange, but decadent recipes. The heavy, creamy, holiday style food season is upon us! The question is, what do you serve with all that delectably rich food? I find a quick, simple, green veggie is often the best. My go to? Easy skillet garlic green beans.
This really is one of the quickest and simplest side dish recipes ever. Just 15 minutes, super light, and refreshing with a lemon twist.
Scroll down to grab the recipe!Print
Light, simple, zesty garlic green bean side dish blanched and sautéed in olive oil, butter, and a little lemon juice.
- 1 lb green beans, tips trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook 3-4 minutes, until tender yet still a little "al dente" (they should be bright green and still have a crisp bite when bitten). Drain green beans and rinse with cool water. Pat dry.
- While green beans are cooking, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Whisk in garlic cloves, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant. Serve immediately.