By now you're probably aware of how much I love homemade granola. It's a frequent star on here on the blog! So it was really only a matter of time before I paid with my hands down favorite autumn flavor: chai spice. Introducing chai spice cranberry pecan granola!
First off, I feel the need to point out I never, ever buy granola. It always has so much random stuff in it that is so not necessary. Plus, it's ridiculously easy to make and tastes SO much better!
This chai spice cranberry pecan granola iteration has all the best flavors of autumn, minus the pumpkin. Side note, if that's more your jam, check out my pumpkin spice granola.
The Fall flavor profile:
- Chai spice - cardamom, cinnamon, clove, black pepper, ginger, and fennel.
- Pepitas (a type of pumpkin seed that has no hull)
- Maple syrup
Oh and did I mention this chai spice cranberry pecan granola is vegan and gluten free? Win win! Simply scroll down for the recipe and get baking.Print
Quick and simple homemade, autumn inspired granola recipe perfect on top of yogurt, with a splash of milk, or even as a snack on the go. Vegan and gluten free!
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients, except for the cranberries and flax seeds, until completely mixed.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and stir in dried cranberries and flax seeds. Cool completely on a wire rack, stirring occasionally to avoid the hardened granola shelf effect .
- Store in an airtight jar and enjoy with yogurt, milk, or just as a snack!