And we’re back! I find it’s always best to slowly ease back into things after coming back from vacation (or staycation, what have you). So with that in mind, I’m getting back into my kitchen grove with a super easy, super cheesy ham spinach quiche!
First of all, thank you. SO much. Every e-mail, every kind comment I received over the past week while I took some seriously needed time off was extremely appreciated and means more to me than you know. I truly felt the love and by the end of the week I was more than ready to jump back into work!
Speaking of comments and e-mails, I’m ridiculously behind on responses. A combo of exhaustion and then vacation really. But I promise I’ll get to them!
Second, let’s talk about this cheesy ham spinach quiche. Pretty sure you’re aware by now that I love myself a good quiche recipe. Particularly one with a ton of cheese.
Okay TBH every quiche I make has a ton of cheese and I’m not even remotely sorry 😎. This particular variation is no exception. Swiss cheese slices, cheddar cheese slices, shredded cheddar cheese…You get the picture.
One thing I really love about this cheesy ham spinach quiche? Slash quiche in general? It’s a GREAT way to use up old produce or deli meat you slash the kids are tired of eating in sandwich form. Grab the recipe below!Print
A super easy, super cheesy breakfast (or lunch or dinner!) quiche recipe that takes just 10 minutes to prep!
- 1 store-bought or homemade pie crust
- 2 cups spinach, packed and roughly chopped
- 7 to 8 ounces thinly sliced ham, diced (I used deli-sliced Black Forest ham)
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 oz each sliced swiss cheese and cheddar cheese (about 6 pieces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each of fresh ground black pepper and paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Roll pie crust out to about 12 inches. Gently place in a 9-inch pie pan
- Arrange 3 pieces of sliced swiss cheese and 3 slices of cheddar cheese on the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the beaten eggs, milk, ham, spinach, and green onion.
- Arrange the remaining slices of cheese and shredded cheddar cheese on top of the filling. Sprinkle pepper and paprika over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until egg is set. Cool for 2 minutes, serve warm.