It's hot and I'm lazy today. How about a quick and simple summer harvest couscous salad for dinner?
It only takes 15 minutes...15 minutes! And only 5 of that is cooking time. Oh and by cooking time I mean boiling water.
Yup. That easy. That quick.
This summer harvest couscous salad is full of fresh seasonal fruits and veggies, and drizzled with a lemon herb vinaigrette. Plus, the couscous is set aside to cool so it's the perfect warm weather dish!
PS. Dress it up with some chicken for an entree salad. OR you can even remove the goat cheese and you've got yourself a vegan dinner!
Scroll down for the easy peezy recipe.Print
A 15 minute, super easy couscous recipe on salad greens with the best produce of the summer and a lemon herb vinaigrette.
For the Salad
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked (4 cups cooked)
- 4-6 cups baby spring greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup English cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Make the couscous: Bring 1 ¼ cups of salted water to a boil. Stir in olive oil and couscous. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove lid, fluff with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss cooked couscous with remaining salad ingredients and vinaigrette. Enjoy!