Hey hi LOOK what I made: a copycat recipe of PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps 😍!
Dan ordered PF Chang's for delivery recently and he ordered those famous lettuce wraps. As I was chowing down I had an epiphany...I could make these tastier, healthier, and faster than the time it would take to order them from the restaurant by myself! And what kind of food blogger would I be if I didn't share the recipe with you 😊?
Perk 1: These PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps only take...wait for it...20 minutes.
That's it! It takes longer for me to decide what to order on door dash than it does to make this delectable dish.
Perk 2: These taste even better than the restaurant made ones and they're healthier! No added sugar, less oil, and low sodium soy sauce. Win win win amiright?
Get the recipe below!Print
Quick, easy, better than take out chicken lettuce wraps done in just 20 minutes!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onion stalk, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced (I used ginger paste to make it easy)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
- Head of butter lettuce, rinsed and dried, for wrapping
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cook until chicken is browned, stirring frequently, about 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in all ingredients except the water chestnuts, lettuce, and garnishes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the water chestnuts and green onion, reserving a tablespoon of the green onion for later. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until chestnuts have softened.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the wraps: Place heaping spoonfuls of the chicken filling onto butter lettuce leaves. Garnish with the remaining green onion, and some fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.