Quick, easy, better than take out chicken lettuce wraps done in just 20 minutes!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced small
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onion stalk, thinly sliced
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced (I used ginger paste to make it easy)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
- Head of butter lettuce, rinsed and dried, for wrapping
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms. Cook until chicken is browned, stirring frequently, about 6-8 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in all ingredients except the water chestnuts, lettuce, and garnishes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the water chestnuts and green onion, reserving a tablespoon of the green onion for later. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until chestnuts have softened.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the wraps: Place heaping spoonfuls of the chicken filling onto butter lettuce leaves. Garnish with the remaining green onion, and some fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.