It's sunny slash super warm outside, our deck remodel is DONE, and July 4th is in a week...it's outside grill time! Before we jump into the main dish (stay tuned), let's talk one of my favorite BBQ side dishes: summertime Greek pasta salad.
I do a lot of salads and smoothies in the summer because, well, heat. I'm absolutely NOT a hot weather person, not even in the slightest. Unless it's next to the pool or on a beach, preferably in Hawaii 💅🏻. A post quarantine, successful covid-19 vaccine dream I suppose.
Until then, I shall continue to enjoy the sun in spurts out on the deck and then running back inside where it's wonderfully chilly to cool off.
Point being, this summertime Greek pasta salad is pretty much a weekly occurrence around here. You still get to eat pasta, but it's chilled (WIN) with feta, olives, avocado, and tons of other good stuff.
A couple awesome things about this dish:
First, it only takes 20 minutes, and that includes cooking the pasta and veggie prep.
Second, it's vegetarian! A great option for a BBQ as a side dish for meat lovers and a main course for those not too keen on burgers or hot dogs.
Scroll down for the summertime Greek pasta salad recipe 🌞.Print
Quick, vegetarian, 20 minute pasta salad recipe that's perfect for as a side dish for any BBQ!
For the Salad
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 3-4 cups baby spring greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup English cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup pitted castelvetrano olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook bow tie pasta to al dente according to box instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and chill until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- In a large, bowl, toss together all ingredients and the vinaigrette. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.