So I accidentally (and rather happily) made a rainbow salad. A summertime strawberry avocado corn salad with ALL the colors to be exact.
Just look at it 🌈. It's perfect for as a side dish for any back yard bbq, picnic, or make it a main course by adding some protein!
Now what makes this strawberry avocado corn salad a summertime special?
First, my standard grilled corn on the cob sliced off into chunks of deliciousness.
Second, strawberries. Can't have summer without strawberries!
Third, avocado. Let's be real...I eat avocados all year long but they always remind me of my sunny California adolescence 🌞.
Forth, a honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette. I couldn't resist adding my favorite balsamic vinegar but I jazzed it up with a little honey summer flavor.
Ready for some rainbow in your day? Check out the recipe below!Print
Summertime special rainbow colored salad with grilled corn on the cob and a homemade honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette. Great for picnics and BBQs!
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 2-3 cups spring mix baby greens
- 2-3 cups kale, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- 3 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly minced
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Grill the corn: Preheat a cast iron grill pan at medium-high heat or an outdoor grill. Drizzle corn on the cob with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper as desired. Using tongs, place on the heated grill. Cook each side until grill marks form on corn kernels, about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat when done and let cool. Slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- Assemble the salad: Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large bowl, including the cooked corn kernels. Drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette. Serve immediately.