Lean back, relax, and imagine that instead of in being stuck in quarantine, you're in Hawaii with a tropical beverage, paper umbrella and all. Since we're all stuck at home for the time being, let's bring the tropics to us: skinny piña colada cocktail hour!
You know how people say "close your eyes and find your happy place?" As of late, mine is the quintessential white sand beach in Hawaii. Since I've been imaging said happy place a lot these days, I figured a skinny piña colada cocktail was a fantastic way to make it a smidge more realistic. Also, it's almost summer so let's celebrate!
Why "skinny" you ask? Well, as we're still hanging out in self isolation and since my physical therapy clinics are closed due to covid-19, my exercise options are somewhat limited. But happy hour is still a frequent occurrence 🤣. Ergo, a lower calorie version of the classic piña colada is most welcome!
Skinny piña colada cocktail recipe below 🥂.Print
A tropical white sand beach in a glass with less calories than the classic! Lime juice and fresh mint added for extra yums.
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup light rum
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
- 2-3 cups ice
- Sparkling coconut water (I used La Croix)
- Pineapple slices, fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Blend all ingredients except ice in a blender until smooth.
- Add two cups of ice to the blender and blend until smooth. Taste test and add remaining cup of ice if desired.
- Pour into glasses, top with a splash of sparkling coconut water, garnish and serve chilled.