Did anyone else have an insanely hard time adjusting to the annual "spring forward" event on Sunday? I'm still struggling and I hate daylight savings time. HATE it, with a passion. I didn't realize it was happening (dunno how I missed that) so I was completely thrown for a loop. No amount of coffee has fixed me yet but I'm guessing sometime this week my internal clock will figure itself out? Hopefully?
Anyway, my point: I. Am. Asleep. Let's talk about this sheet pan chili tilapia super fast so I can go back to zone out mode till the caffeine kick finally hits.
I'm not the biggest seafood fan, especially when it comes to fish so you best believe I'm going to make this tilapia taste good. Not only is this Mexican inspired dish wonderfully flavored, it's done on one pan in just 15 minutes.
I shall repeat. ONE PAN.
IN 15 MINUTES!
And it's gluten free slash dairy free 🙌🏻. Win!
Top with mango salsa and serve with salad, veggies, rice, pasta, you name it. Scroll down for this quick and easy sheet pan chili lime tilapia recipe!Print
A delicious Mexican inspired seafood dinner recipe done in a quick 15 minutes on just ONE pan! Gluten and dairy free.
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4-6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly minced + extra freshly chopped for garnish
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, halved and thinly sliced
- Mango salsa to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground Mexican oregano, ground cumin, salt, pepper, lime zest, and cilantro until completely combined.
- Pat tilapia fillets dry with a paper towel. Generously coat both sides of each fillet with spice mix. Place on prepared baking sheet. Top as desired with half of the jalapeno, and red chili pepper slices. Add a couple of lime slices to each fillet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tilapia is cooked through (middle is opaque and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F).
- Remove pan from heat and let rest for a couple minutes. Garnish tilapia with remaining jalapeno, red chili pepper, and lime slices. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with mango salsa and enjoy!