Yup. I did it. I cooked with zoodles. I'm super lazy though and straight up bought them at the store 🤣. Also I did not use them in place of pasta because to be honest? I just can't 🤷🏻♀️. For me, nothing replaces a bowl of actual pasta but in place of a grain in a casserole? Officially on board! Introducing cheesy chicken broccoli zucchini zoodle casserole.
This is one of my go to fave dinners and I shall tell you why.
- I've finally found a way I enjoy zoodles!!! If you have a sad looking zucchini hanging around in your fridge this is a great way to use up.
- It's keto and gluten free. WIN right??
- It's so cheesy and I love it.
- It's an easy, delicious way to use up leftover chicken!
If that wasn't enough to convince you, this cheesy chicken broccoli zucchini zoodle casserole takes only 20 minutes to cook.
20 minutes! That's it!
Oh and I'll even let you in a little secret...I ate all 🙌🏻 the 🙌🏻leftovers 😁 (a huge rarity in our household). Recipe below!Print
Keto friendly, gluten free, super cheesy casserole stuffed with healthy green veggies. A deliciously easy way to use up leftover chicken!
- 1 lb cooked chicken (I used breasts and thighs), shredded/roughly chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups zucchini zoodles, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cups broccoli florettes, thawed if frozen
- 12 ounces cream of chicken soup (I used the thick can version)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or butter a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Distribute half of the chicken, broccoli, zoodles, thyme and rosemary. Spread half of the cream of chicken soup over this layer (to the best of your ability, it's very thick but will even out when cooking!). Sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
- Repeat this layering process one more time.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. If the top gets too browned, cover with a piece of foil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm.