There were NO snacks in my kitchen last weekend. An absolute travesty of pantry. Thank goodness the emptiness of my snack shelf was rectified immediately with this blueberry almond coconut granola.
I generally refuse to buy store bought bars and granola because of all the weird ingredients in them. Instead I make my own but apparently time has gotten away from me. No worries though because I get to share a new granola recipe with you!
What makes this blueberry almond coconut granola special?
That would be the DRIED BLUEBERRIES! Have you ever had dried blueberries? They put my go to dried cranberries to absolute shame (anyone else hear the “Shame! Shame! Shame!” chant from Game of Thrones anytime you read that word? I most definitely do). They’re SO good I based an entire granola recipe off them.
Otherwise, a pretty simple, delicious and quick homemade granola recipe you’re sure to love. Scroll below for ingredients and directions!Print
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, slivered almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add honey, molasses and coconut oil. Stir together until completely mixed.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan after 20 minutes.
- Add coconut flakes and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, and stir in dried blueberries and chia seeds. Cool completely on a wire rack, stirring occasionally to avoid the hardened granola shelf effect .
- Store in an airtight jar and enjoy with yogurt, milk, or just as a snack!