Quick and easy (vegetarian AND gluten free!) brunch recipe here: a swiss cheese cauliflower frittata!
If you havn’t figured it out by now, I’m a huge fan of the frittata. Super filling with all the hidden veggies and it’s done in just 30 minutes. WIN amiright? I love a good quiche too but I gotta cut some calories somewhere!
Gotta be honest, I was definitly inspired by my fave mini morning frittata bites from Trader Joe’s. No affiliate link or sponsored post here, just a solid shout out because they are delicious. SO tasty in fact that I had to make my own version 😁.
Get this 30 minute, vegetarian, gluten free swiss cheese cauliflower frittata recipe below!Print
Quick and easy vegetarian, gluten free frittata with hidden veggies done in just 30 minutes.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, diced small
- 1/2 cup cauliflower pearls (alternatively chop some cauliflower florettes into extra small pieces!)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives,
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and yellow onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until somewhat softened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic, spinach, chives, cilantro, paprika, salt and pepper cooking for 1 more minute until garlic is fragrant. Lower heat to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and swiss cheese.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sides are set.
- Top with an extra pinch of pepper. Place the pan on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the middle is set. Garnish with any extra herbs. Serve immediately.