Did you know how easy it is to make miso soup??? Specifically shittake mushroom miso soup. Because I didn’t and it’s honestly one of my favorite things hands down.
I’ve literally had it delivered to my house before because I love it so much (whenever Dan ordered Sushi) and now that I’ve made it myself I feel absolutely ridiculous for doing that. SO unnecessary. It barely takes 10 MINUTES to whip up and has just 6 ingredients. If you don’t use mushrooms it’s only 5!
Never getting it delivered again. There’s no need! I’m still shocked at how simple and quick a restaurant quality miso soup is to make. You’re going to love it!
I added mushrooms to my go to recipe just to oomph it up a little bit but they’re totally optional. Also, you can switch out the traditional dashi broth with vegetable broth f0r a vegan option.
Check out the recipe below!Print
Tasty, quick, better than restaurant quality miso soup that takes just 10 minutes start to finish.
- 6 cups dashi broth (you can also use vegetable broth for a vegetarian/vegan version of this soup)
- 1/4 cup dried wakami or nori seaweed cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby shiitake mushrooms (slice large ones in half)
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- In a large pot, bring dashi broth, seaweed, and mushrooms to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
- Remove soup from heat. Whisk in miso paste. Top with green onion. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.