Tasty, quick, better than restaurant quality miso soup that takes just 10 minutes start to finish.
- 6 cups dashi broth (you can also use vegetable broth for a vegetarian/vegan version of this soup)
- 1/4 cup dried wakami or nori seaweed cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 cups baby shiitake mushrooms (slice large ones in half)
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- In a large pot, bring dashi broth, seaweed, and mushrooms to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not boil!
- Remove soup from heat. Whisk in miso paste. Top with green onion. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.