Hey hi so I’m hitting the reset button on my health slash nutrition slash diet this January. One of my fave tasty recipes for this month is this healthy winter green salad.
It’s vegan, gluten free, chock full of veggies, healthy fats, and it’s de-licious.
What kind of veggies and fats you ask? Well lemme tell you! It’s got broccoli, cauliflower, tons of leafy greens including kale, purple cabbage, fresh dill, english cucumber, radishes, avocado, pepitas, and walnuts. I throw some blueberries in there for antioxidants and dried cranberries for a touch of sweet but that’s totally optional.
Also, I like to top it with a hard boiled egg for extra protein. You can even add some chicken for a more filling meal!
Scroll down for this delicious healthy winter green salad recipe!Print
A cleansing, vegan, gluten free salad chock full of veggies and nutrients with a balsamic vinaigrette.
For the Salad
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup broccoli florettes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florettes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup english cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup radish, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 avocado, diced
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients for the salad.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Garnish with any leftover dill and fresh ground black pepper.