First full week of 2020. Let’s do this. But first…cheese. Easy crumbled feta cheese dip to be specific.
Ok so I know this isn’t exactly on brand with the health craze that happens at the start of every year but, you know…cheese.
How can you say no??
Plus it’s super easy, simple, quick, great for happy hour, perfect for game day, and I SWEAR I’m going to the gym today. To walk while watching tv slash listening to audible on my phone but that totally counts (right?).
Anyway, absolutely no creaming, food processing, or anything to make this recipe! Crumble the feta, dump it in a bowl with the rest and eat 😎.
Recipe for this ridiculously delicious and easy crumbled feta cheese dip below!Print
5 minute, crowd pleasing feta cheese appetizer with cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, fresh herbs and an olive oil drizzle. Perfect for happy hour and game day!
- 8 ounces feta block (not pre-crumbled!)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon thyme leaves
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- In a small bowl, break feta brick into crumbles.
- Add lemon juice, dill, chives, lemon thyme, and half of the tomatoes. Gently stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate as desired. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Add remaining cherry tomatoes and garnish with any remaining herbs. Serve with lemon slices and toasted baguette slices, crackers, etc.