Whew! What a year. It's the last day of 2019 and I intend to celebrate. How about you?? If you're having a New Year's Eve shindig, this festive winter cheese board might be right up your alley!
After all that delicious, heavy, over the top Christmas food, I'm down to just snack away tonight. Festive winter cheese board to the rescue!
As usual the same cheese board rules apply.
First, "festive" colors that work with in seasonal produce. I went with red grapes, small green and red apples, pomegranate arils, green herb sprigs, and a little leftover cranberry sauce.
Second, pile. It. Up. Overflow your board. Place cheeses on your board first. Plate any spreads and bowled items around the board. Crackers after that. Then add the grapes, nuts, etc. afterwards to fill in all the empty spaces.
Third and final. Pile it up some more. Drape grapes. Sprinkle pepitas and pomegranate arils all over the place. Top with some fresh herb sprigs for more color.
Boom. You just won New Year's Eve.
Festive winter cheese board details below!Print
Create the perfect cheese board for any holiday get together. Add some prosciutto or salami for a meat eater option!
- 4-6 ounces brie
- 4-6 ounces aged gouda
- 4-6 ounces Wensleydale cranberry cheese
- 4-6 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2-4 ounces mozzarella balls
- 2-4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2-4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 – 1 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- Small apples as desired
- Red grapes as desired
- Pomegranate arils as desired
- Dates drizzled with honey as desired
- Cranberry sauce as desired
- Thin bread stick crackers
- Assorted artisan crackers
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Combine feta cheese with a little dill. Combine mozzarella cheese balls with tomatoes. Place feta cheese and mozzarella cheese in small bowls. Drizzle both with a little olive oil. Arrange along with brie, gouda, goat cheese and cranberry cheese as desired on a wooden board or large platter.
- Top brie with some cranberry sauce, promegranate arils and a sprig of thyme.
- Place dates with honey in a small bowl and plate on platter.
- Place crackers around the board as desired.
- Fill in the rest of the board with grapes, apples, pistachios, pepitas, pomegranate sprigs, rosemary sprigs, and thyme sprigs as desired. Snack away!