Labor day has passed us by so…..is it Autumn yet?!? Soooo close, but officially not quite. And anyway, we’re celebrating FINALLY living in our new house 🤩. End of summer celebratory fresh peach bellini cocktails all around!
It’s still kind of a mess in here, I’m literally writing in my “office” with boxes all over the place and books strewn about but we’re getting there. In the mean time, I’ll just keep sipping on a peach bellini to stay sane 🤣.
Seriously though, don’t tempt me. These cocktails are pretty much summer in a glass. Bubbly, airy, boozy summer in a glass. Pretty simple too! Just 5 ingredients and you’re good to go.
The secret to ultimate peach bellini success: lemon zest. Most recipes just call for a little lemon juice but a friend of mine told me how he also adds fresh lemon zest to his version (thanks Jared!).
Boom. Mind blown.
I’ve also gone one step further and added an optional lemon zest sugared rim for a little extra oomph but it’s totally up to you! Recipe below 🍑.Print
Quick, easy, and bubbly fresh peach bellini cocktails made with homemade peach puree and a lemon zest sugared rim.
- 1 bottle chilled prosecco
- 3 large, ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Core and peel the peaches. Slice and add to a food processor or blender. Add lemon juice, half of the lemon zest, and half a tablespoon of the sugar. Process until smooth.*
- Pour peach mixture into a pitcher and slowly stir in chilled prosecco.*
- To rim your glasses, pour the remaining lemon zest and sugar onto a plate and spread to cover. Moisten the edge of each glass with a lemon wedge and dip into the sugar plate.
- Pour peach bellini mixture into prepared glasses. Serve chilled.
If you want a perfectly smooth bellini, strain the processed peach mixture into a container before adding it to your glass or pitcher.
Instead of using a pitcher, you can also pour a little bit of the peach mixture into a glass and top with prosecco, gently stirring to combine.