HAPPY AUTUMN!!! It’s fall and I’m SO excited! I’m still trying to jump in slowly (pumpkin spice latte coming up next but at least I was able to restrain myself till the official start of the season). Starting off easy with an autumn style fig apple grilled cheese.
Dan and I have been doing so much better lately with eating healthy food. For dinner we’ve been doing a lot of big side salads, some kind of protein, and brown rice.
But sometimes…comfort food starts calling my name and I can’t ignore it. Anyone else? Yes no maybe so?
Welp, safe to say I caved and I’m not even a little bit sorry. This fig apple grilled cheese has three (count them, THREE) different types of cheeses, plus the last of their season figs and some granny smith apple slices sprinkled with fresh thyme.
Goat cheese, sharp white cheddar, and parmesan…Yummmm 😍.
Happy autumn friends 😎, recipe coming up in 3…2…Print
Super cheesy, autumn style grilled cheese filled with white cheddar, parmesan, goat cheese, fresh figs and sliced apples.
- 2 slices como or sourdough bread
- 1–2 ounces chèvre or other creamy goat cheese (depending on how much you love goat cheese!)
- 3 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2–3 mission black figs, sliced (depends on the size of the figs)
- 1 small granny smith apple, sliced (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for spreading
- Spread a layer of butter (about a tablespoon) on one side of both slices of bread.
- Spread a layer of goat cheese on the non buttered side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Top one side of the sandwich with white cheddar slices, fig slices, apple slices, and grated parmesan. Place the other bread slice butter-side-up on top.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt remaining butter in the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese starts to melt and bread has started to brown. Flip over and cook another 3-4 minutes until cheese is completely melted and bread is golden. Remove from heat. Slice in half and serve immediately.