It's FROSÈ season!!!...Can you tell I'm excited? This year, we're living our best summer life with lemon lavender frosé.
Do you remember that feeling when you ordered an enormous Icee at the air conditioned movie theater in the middle of July? Or honestly any kind of slushie drink during the summer? Frosé is the BEST EVER adult version of that feeling. Delicious, icy cold, boozy,
Last year I shared my summertime strawberry frosé but this summer I wanted something even fresher and a little more on the floral side. Enter one of my fave combos, lemon lavender!
To get this particular flavor, you make an "infused" simple syrup. Now before you run off in terror from the word "infuse", it's much easier then you think!
First, dump lemon zest, lemon juice, and lavender buds into a pot with some sugar and water.
Third, let sit.
Four, strain and chill.
That's it! Add a couple tablespoons to your favorite rosé with ice in a blender, blend away, and voila!Print
A refreshing, boozy slushie version of Rosé wine with lemon lavender simple syrup. The perfect summer cocktail!
For the Frosé
- ½ bottle Rosé, dry and more red in color
- 2 cups ice
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon lavender simple syrup
For the Lemon Lavender Syrup
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- Make the syrup: Bring all ingredients for the syrup to a boil in a small pan. Once sugar has dissolved, reduce heat to medium and cook about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Strain into a heat safe container and chill until completely cooled.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender. Pour into your favorite glass, garnish with a fresh strawberry, and enjoy!