UM HI I finally had a martini for the first time IN MY LIFE and...did everyone know martini's are pretty much straight alcohol except for me? DE-licious but oh man are they dangerous! Obviously the martini became an immediate favorite of mine and had to be "summerfied" pronto. Ergo, the jalapeño cucumber martini!
Seriously though. How did people in the 50's and 60's order two or three martinis at a business lunch? Or is that just in the movies because I have no idea how they could possibly function for the rest of the day?
In any case, they are absolutely fabulous and I intend to make several different versions so get excited. First up, this spicy summer in a glass jalapeño cucumber martini.
TBH I actually had this combo as a mojito, not a martini, recently. Ok actually TBH my husband had one as a mojito recently and I promptly stole it from him.
Swap out the rum for gin and add a little vermouth? Jalapeño cucumber martini time! Slash summer on the porch happy hour time yes?? Meet you there 😎.Print
Spice up your standard martini order with a refreshing summer twist and a little bit of heat!
- 2-3 ounces chilled gin (I used Bombay Sapphire)
- ½ ounce dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 mint leaves
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- Splash of club soda (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together all ingredients except for the ice and the club soda (if using). Make sure to smash up the cucumber and jalapeño!
- Add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker frosts over.
- Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of club soda if desired. Garnish with a slice of cucumber. Enjoy cold!