In my humble opinion, everyone should have a classic pico de gallo salsa recipe in their repertoire. Luckily, it’s one of the easiest, quickest recipes ever!
Just 5 ingredients and a little slicing. That’s it! Make sure to grab the freshest ingredients for the best flavor.
Basically, chop up some ripe, red tomatoes, fresh cilantro, a little bit of white onion, a jalapeño, and juice 1 lime. Stir together aaaand done!
You can add a pinch of salt if you want but I find that the chips I generally dunk into this classic pico de gallo salsa are salty enough 😊. Recipe below!Print
Deliciously fresh, flavorful pico de gallo recipe in just 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients!
- 4–5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 lime, seeds removed
- Salt to taste (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice on top, stir to combine and add salt to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, on tacos, burritos, nachos, you name it!