So breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? But I’m usually either rushing out the door in the morning and don’t have time or it’s the weekend and I’m uber lazy. Solution (especially for the lazy sunday mornings): mix everything you need in one bowl and throw it in the skillet! May I present cheesy egg and ham hash browns 😎.
As I was saying, mix everything together in a bowl…and then cook it in a skillet. So easy, and so crispy, crunchy, golden delicious.
Main goods: hash browns, cheddar cheese, bell pepper, ham, a couple eggs, and a little milk. Mix it all together with a few spices and you’re ready to cook!
Once everything is mixed, scoop the mixture out of the bowl about 1 cup at a time to make patties. I cooked up 4 at a time on a griddle. Pan fry until the bottoms are crispy, flip and repeat. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sliced chives for ultimate goodness.
Cheesy egg and ham hash browns. Saving sad Sunday brunches one patty at a time!Print
All in one hash browns with ham, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, and eggs. Top with a dollop of sour cream for potato perfection!
- 20 ounces frozen or refrigerated hash browns (if frozen, thaw and squeeze out excess moisture if necessary)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, small diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup cup sliced ham, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, sliced into 2 tablespoon cubes
- Sliced chives, sour cream, and finishing salt to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for butter until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet or a griddle. Scoop 1 cup of the hash brown mixture into the pan at a time and flatten into an even layer for a hash brown patty. You can cook about 4 patties at once. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the bottoms. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes until other side is also golden brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel covered plate, sprinkle with salt as desired.
- Repeat until you’ve cooked all the hash browns. Garnish with chives and a spoonful of sour cream.